Recipe by Manami
A wonderful appetizer to prepare when you are in a hurry - use a rotisserie chicken from the deli. A Giada De Laurentiis recipe from Everyday Italian. These are so good & come together very easily! I prefer using white meat chicken but any that you like is fine. :)
Top Review by Abbs <3
I made these as an appetizer one day when we were having a late dinner. My boyfriend is a picky eater, but I thought this sounded delicious and I wanted to try it. I used mozzarella cheese and bacon bits instead of proscuitto and fontina. It was delicious. We even put some honey mustard on them. So yummy!
- 1⁄2 loaf ciabatta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 -3 pinches crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 5 ounces Fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces roasted chicken breast, thinly sliced (deli chicken)
- 3 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced (about 5 slices)
- extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Slice the bread into 10 slices, each about 1/2-inch thick.
- Brush the bread slices with the olive oil and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Spread each slice of the toasted bread with the apricot preserves(already mixed with crushed red peppers) then place a slice of the cheese on top.
- Arrange the sliced chicken on top of the cheese.
- Cut each piece of prosciutto in half and place on top of the chicken.
- Transfer the bruschetta to a serving platter.
- Drizzle with the extra-virgin olive oil and serve at room temperature, that's what makes it so great! :).