Recipe by Annacia
A buttery mixture of apricots and fresh thyme are combined with goat cheese and a handful of other ingredients to make these moist muffins.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Great tasting muffins that we shared with a neighbor couple! Followed your recipe & served them with a honey butter I'd mixed up! We all totally enjoyed the cheese & apricot flavor combo, & I look forward to making these again! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 cup snipped dried apricot
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup semi-soft goat cheese (chevre, 2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- honey (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line fifteen 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat.
- Add shallots; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in dried apricots and the 2 tablespoons honey; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and the goat cheese.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar; beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs until combined.
- Alternately add flour mixture and half-and-half to brown sugar mixture, beating after each addition just until combined.
- Stir in apricot mixture and thyme.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm. If desired, serve with additional honey.