Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
These muffins have a surprise inside, jam and cream cheese! No need for butter. Great for brunch, breakfast buffets, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin cup pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in oat bran and brown sugar, set aside.
- In another bowl, combine milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients, just until moistened.
- Cut cream cheese into 12 equal pieces.
- Spoon 1/2 of batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about 1/3 full.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of jam on top of batter in each cup.
- Top with 1 piece of cream cheese in each cup.
- Spoon remaining batter into each cup, over the jam and cheese, until each cup is about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until browned.