Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from American profile - Trisha Kruse.
- 1 cup sliced fresh apricots or 1 cup canned apricots
- 1 cup fresh thawed and drained on paper towels or 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed and drained on paper towels
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 12 slices thick white bread
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla yogurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Combine apricots, blueberries and sugar in a small bowl. Combine cream cheese and preserves in a medium microwave-safe bowl and heat on High for 30 to 40 seconds to soften cream cheese and slightly melt preserves. Whisk until well blended.
- Whisk eggs until well blended. Add cream, honey and vanilla; mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over half the bread slices and top with remaining slices. Dip each into egg mixture, turning to coat well.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook half the sandwiches until golden, about 2 minutes per each side. Place on an ovenproof platter and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Top each serving with fruit and yogurt, if using.