Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a tart which I learned in Paris.
- 250 g flour
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 115 g butter, chilled and chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 200 g dried apricots
- 100 ml brandy or 100 ml grappa
- icing sugar, to dust
- cream, to serve
- 180 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Sift the flour. Add the butter and rub it into the flour using your fingertips.
- Add the sugar and egg. Knead and gather the dough together, press the dough into a ball and wrap it in a plastic wrap. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Grease 25 cm metal tart tin. Roll the pastry and line the tin.
- Refrigerate 15 minute Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- <Line the pastry shell with baking paper and baking beads and bake for 14 minute
- Reduce the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the dried apricots and brandy over low heat for 5 minute Leave to cool.
- to make the almond filling, in a food processor cream the butter and sugar. Add the almonds, eggs, vanilla and flour. Do not over beat.
- Spoon the filling in the pastry shell and place the apricots.
- bake for 30- 40 minute or until it is set.
- Cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.
This was Wonderful. I made this twice and everybody loved it. In the second one I used a ready made tart shell and it was also great. My boyfriend is begging me to make it again...thank you for sharing!