Recipe by Kim127
This is a nice light coffee cake that has a wonderful almond flavor and the apricot preserves adds the right amount of sweet/tart. It's also a nice presentation with the ribbon of almonds and preserved in the middle. Enjoy.
Top Review by Maito
We liked this, but it was a bit sweet for us, maybe because of the amount of the preserves. When I went to flip this out, part of the top stuck in the pan. I greased and floured it well, so I think either I didn't cool it long enough or the jam sinking to the bottom during cooking stuck to what would become the top. We liked the subtle almond flavor in this.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 10 ounces apricot preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Fold in sour cream and almond extract.
- Fold in flour mixture until well blended.
- Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan or bundt pan.
- Fill pan with about 1/3 of the batter. Spread half the almonds and half the apricot preserves over the batter.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle top with remaining almonds and apricot preserves.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour (or until done).
- Cool on rack. Turn out onto plate with topping side up.