Recipe by **Jubes**
This recipe was from "Super Food Ideas" magazine sometime last year. It works well made on a gluten-free flour mix if your diet requires.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons plain flour, sifted (or use gluten-free flour)
- 400 g apricot halves in juice, drained
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease a 3cm-deep, 17cm x 28cm (base) slab pan and line with baking paper
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and eggs in a bowl until well combined. Stir in almond meal and flour. Mix well.
- Spread mixture into slab pan.
- Place apricots, cut side up, on top, pressing in slightly.
- Bake slice for 18 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Place jam in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 30 to 40 seconds or until warm. Brush warm jam over hot slice.
- Cool completely in pan. Cut into 12 pieces.
- Stores in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Serve at room temperature.