1/2 Photos of Apricot and Almond Jalousie (Jalousie Aux Amandes El a L'abrico
Jalousie means shutter in French, and these traditional tarts look just like the shutters you see on houses all over France. A very easy and elegant dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425. Roll out the dough out on a lightly floured surface to a 12" square. Cut in half to form two rectangles.
- 2Place one half on a baking sheet that you have sprayed with water. (yes, water). Brush all around the edges with beaten egg. Brush with the apricot preserves.
- 3Fold the remaining piece of dough in half lengthwise and cut eight evenly spaced diagonal slits from the center fold to about 1/2 " of the outer edge.
- 4Unfold and place on top of the preserve topped one, matching edges carefully. Press edges together well,scallop with the tip of a small knife.
- 5Brush the slashed pastry top with water and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until well risen and golden brown.
- 6Cool on a rack, cut into fourths and serve with creme fraiche or yougurt, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot and Almond Jalousie (Jalousie Aux Amandes El a L'abrico
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.3
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 171.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 6.5 g