Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't made this yet. My swap partner VegeMight sent me the jam cookbook from Australia.
Make and share this Apricot Amaretto Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Place apricots and water in medium bowl, cover and let stand overnight.
- Combine apricot mxture and rind in large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 10 minutes or until apricots are soft.
- Add juices and sugar; stir over heat without boiling until sugar dissolves. Boil, uncovered, stirring accasionally about 30 minutes or until jam jells when tested. Stir in almonds and liqueur.
- Pour hot jam into hot sterilised jars, seal while hot.
This is a delicious jam and is heavenly over vanilla ice cream. It makes a relatively "small" amount (I want to say a batch makes 2 pints) but since it was a couple years ago, I'll know more after I make another batch. I made it several years ago, and came back to print the recipe again, people who I gave it to for the holidays was asking for it, so you know it has to be good when someone asks if you're making "that" jam.
I love that its made from dried apricots because i can make this jam any time of year, not just in the summer.