This is a beautiful fruit filled bread, and made so easy using refrigerataed French bread dough! Serve it for breakfast, brunch, snack, anytime! Adapted from Pampered Chef's cookbook, "All The Best"!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dried apricot, diced
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or use white)
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (plus a little more for sprinkling)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 (11 ounce) packages refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- powdered sugar (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375*F.
- 2Dice apricots. Place apricots, chocolate chips, cranberries, flour and almond extract in a bowl. Mix well. Add water and mix again.
- 3Place bread dough, seam sides up, on a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, slice each loaf lengthwise, end to end, cutting halfway through to center of loaf; spread open flat. Lightly sprinkle additional flour evenly over dough.
- 4Using a rolling pin, roll dough crosswise to a 4" width, creating a well down the center of each loaf.
- 5Spoon half of apricot mixture down the center of each loaf. Gather up the edges over filling, pinching firmly to seal.
- 6Place loaves, seam sides down, in an X pattern on baking sheet(or baking stone). Crisscross ends of dough to form a large figure 8, keeping ends of dough 1" from edge of pan and leaving two 1 1/2" openings in center of twist.
- 7Lightly brush egg white over dough using a pastry brush. Cut a 3" slit in each of the top sections of the twist to reveal filling.
- 8Sprinkle almonds evenly over dough, pressing gently.
- 9Bake 30-32 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- 10Remove from the oven. Cool 10 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if you like. Cut into slices and serve warm. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Almond Twists(Pampered Chef)
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.3
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 242.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g