1/1 Photo of Apricot Almond Tartlets
A delightful pastry fit for a queen!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the dough
- 354.88 ml flour
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml finely grated orange zest
- 113.39 g chilled butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 egg white, whisked until frothy
For the almond filling
- 1To make dough, in the bowl of a food processor, pulse flour, granulated sugar, and orange zest together until just blended.
- 2Scatter butter over flour mixture and pulse until mixture has the consistency of cornmeal.
- 3While pulsing, pour egg white through feed tube.
- 4Process until dough forms a ball.
- 5Transfer to a lightly floured surface and, with the heel of your hand, press dough together until it is smooth and cohesive.
- 6Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 350° degrees F.
- 7Have a 12-well mini-tart plaque nearby.
- 8Use 1 level tablespoon of dough for each tartlet.
- 9Roll dough between your palms to form a smooth ball.
- 10With index finger, press center of dough ball into well, then press dough up the sides to distribute evenly.
- 11To make almond filling, in the bowl of a food processor, pulse almond paste, butter, confectioners' sugar, egg, egg yolk, vanilla and orange zest together until smooth.
- 12Spoon about 2 level tablespoons of filling into each shell.
- 13(I just use a heaping tablespoon) Then spoon about 1/2 teaspoon apricot preserves in the center of each filled tartlet.
- 14Bake until filling and edges of crusts are golden, 22-25 minutes.
- 15Transfer plaque to a wire rack and cool about 10 minutes, then remove tartlets and place on rack to cool completely.
- 16Repeat with remaining dough, filling and preserves.
- 17Before serving sprinkle tartlets with confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Almond Tartlets
Serving Size: 1 (953 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.0
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 66.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g