A delicious dessert, not too sweet, drizzled with white chocolate cream. What's not to love?
Make and share this Apricot Almond Orange Tart With White Chocolate Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg yolk (white reserved)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 20 whole dried apricots or 1 cup diced dried apricot
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten with reserved egg white
- 1 navel orange, very thinly sliced, peel cut off
- 1⁄2 cup peach jam or 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
White Chocolate Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped finely
- Place apricots in a shallow dish and cover (just) with boiling water. Allow to sit and soften, they will become raisin-like.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add butter in small pieces and mix until mixture looks like coarse sand.
- Beat together egg yolk and lemon juice and pour into flour mixture while mixer is running. Mix well, and if dough seems a little dry, add a little extra lemon juice.
- Now knead mixture gently by hand and form into a ball. Flatten into a disc shape and chill for 10 minutes before using.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out pastry on a floured surface and place in a 9 inch tart or pie pan, forming it up the sides.
- Prick pastry with a fork, line with tinfoil and place a pie weight on top. If you don't have a pie weight, simply line with foil, and place a heavy baking dish right on top of the foil. This will prevent the pastry from puffing up while baking, and keep it tart-like.
- Bake 15 minutes, remove foil and weight and bake for 5 minutes longer.
- Reduce oven temp to 375 degrees.
- Place ground almonds on a cookie sheet and bake for 3 minutes, cool.
- Drain water off apricots. If using whole apricots, cut each apricot into 6-8 small pieces.
- Combine almonds, butter, sugar and chopped apricots in a bowl.
- Add salt, eggs and reserved egg white and mix well.
- Pour onto cooled baked tart shell and bake 25 minutes or until set.
- Place orange slices on top. Melt jam on stove and brush top of tart with glaze.
- Bring whipping cream to a slow boil in a pan, stirring often. Pour over chopped white chocolate and stir until chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Cool completely in refrigerator to let mixture become thicker.
- Cut and serve tart, stir cold chocolate cream mixture again and drizzle over tart portions on plate.