1/5 Photos of Apricot Almond Orange Tart With White Chocolate Cream
1 hr 30 mins
A delicious dessert, not too sweet, drizzled with white chocolate cream. What's not to love?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 egg yolk (white reserved)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 20 whole dried apricots or 1 cup diced dried apricot
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten with reserved egg white
- 1 navel orange, very thinly sliced, peel cut off
- 1/2 cup peach jam or 1/2 cup apricot jam
White Chocolate Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped finely
- 1Place apricots in a shallow dish and cover (just) with boiling water. Allow to sit and soften, they will become raisin-like.
- 2Meanwhile, combine flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add butter in small pieces and mix until mixture looks like coarse sand.
- 3Beat together egg yolk and lemon juice and pour into flour mixture while mixer is running. Mix well, and if dough seems a little dry, add a little extra lemon juice.
- 4Now knead mixture gently by hand and form into a ball. Flatten into a disc shape and chill for 10 minutes before using.
- 5Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 6Roll out pastry on a floured surface and place in a 9 inch tart or pie pan, forming it up the sides.
- 7Prick pastry with a fork, line with tinfoil and place a pie weight on top. If you don't have a pie weight, simply line with foil, and place a heavy baking dish right on top of the foil. This will prevent the pastry from puffing up while baking, and keep it tart-like.
- 8Bake 15 minutes, remove foil and weight and bake for 5 minutes longer.
- 9Reduce oven temp to 375 degrees.
- 10Place ground almonds on a cookie sheet and bake for 3 minutes, cool.
- 11Drain water off apricots. If using whole apricots, cut each apricot into 6-8 small pieces.
- 12Combine almonds, butter, sugar and chopped apricots in a bowl.
- 13Add salt, eggs and reserved egg white and mix well.
- 14Pour onto cooled baked tart shell and bake 25 minutes or until set.
- 15Place orange slices on top. Melt jam on stove and brush top of tart with glaze.
- 16Bring whipping cream to a slow boil in a pan, stirring often. Pour over chopped white chocolate and stir until chocolate is smooth and melted.
- 17Cool completely in refrigerator to let mixture become thicker.
- 18Cut and serve tart, stir cold chocolate cream mixture again and drizzle over tart portions on plate.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Almond Orange Tart With White Chocolate Cream
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.6
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 130.3 mg
- Sodium 294.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 31.8 g
- Protein 6.3 g