Recipe by Chef mariajane
Here's how to add a little extra flavor to an old breakfast favorite: top warm oatmeal with cottage cheese and apricot jam. Garnish with blueberries, almonds and chopped apricots.
- 1⁄3 cup minute oats (Robin Hood or Old Mill)
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup cottage cheese (1%)
- 4 tablespoons smucker's pure apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon apricot, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oats and boiling water in bowl, and cover with plastic wrap for 1 minute.
- Combine cottage cheese and apricot jam.
- Top cooked oatmeal with cottage cheese and jam mixture, and garnish with fresh blueberries and almonds. Add chopped apricots, if desired.