Recipe by justcallmetoni
I eat oatmeal 3 or 4 times a week and find myself looking for new ways to add flavor and interest without adding a lot of calories. This morning's experiment was worth sharing. Feel free to adjust to your dietary and taste preferences.
Top Review by Julie F
This was a nice breakfast treat! I halved the recipe and made it in the microwave - about 2 1/2 minutes on high. Used milk, 1 t sugar and omitted the yogurt. The slivered almonds really made it wonderful! Thank you for sharing!
- 236.59 ml regular oatmeal
- 473.18 ml water
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 6 dried apricot halves, small diced
- 78.07 ml plain nonfat yogurt
- 9.85 ml Splenda sugar substitute or 9.85 ml sugar (optional)
- 14.79-29.58 ml chopped almonds (optional)