1/2 Photos of Apricot & Almond Ice Cream Domes
Posted as request for diabetic friendly recipes with nuts. From Health for Life Diabetes. Times are estimates and do not include chill/freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g dried apricot halves (6 1/2 oz, roughly chopped)
- 1 cup apricot nectar (250ml - 8 fl oz)
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla ice cream (low GI, softened)
- 1/4 cup almonds (flaked 25 grams - 1 oz, toasted)
- 1Line 8 x 1/2 cup (125ml - 4 fl oz) capacity friand tins or 8 mini loaf tins with plastic wrap.
- 2Put half the apricots into a pan with the apricot nectar, bring to the boil and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- 3Set aside until completely cool.
- 4Spoon 2 tablespoons of apricot mixture into each tin.
- 5Fold the remaining apricots, apricot mixture and almonds through the ice cream.
- 6Spoon onto the apricot and smooth the surface.
- 7Freeze for 8 hours or until firm.
- 8Gently lift from the tins and remove the plastic and serve.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot & Almond Ice Cream Domes
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.0
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 42.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g