Posted as request for diabetic friendly recipes with nuts. From Health for Life Diabetes. Times are estimates and do not include chill/freezing time.
- 200 g dried apricot halves (6 1/2 oz, roughly chopped)
- 1 cup apricot nectar (250ml - 8 fl oz)
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla ice cream (low GI, softened)
- 1⁄4 cup almonds (flaked 25 grams - 1 oz, toasted)
- Line 8 x 1/2 cup (125ml - 4 fl oz) capacity friand tins or 8 mini loaf tins with plastic wrap.
- Put half the apricots into a pan with the apricot nectar, bring to the boil and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Set aside until completely cool.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of apricot mixture into each tin.
- Fold the remaining apricots, apricot mixture and almonds through the ice cream.
- Spoon onto the apricot and smooth the surface.
- Freeze for 8 hours or until firm.
- Gently lift from the tins and remove the plastic and serve.