1 hr 5 mins
This free form tart is super easy to make and tastes delicious. No special tart pan needed and using a refrigerator pie crust whips this dessert up in no time flat. From June '06 Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 ounces almond paste
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pie crust, roll out refrigerated pie crust
- 5 -6 large apricots, pitted and quartered
- 1/4 cup apricot jam, heated
- 3 amaretti cookies, crushed (Italian macaroons)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Blend almond paste and 3T sugar in food processor until finely chopped.
- 3Add cream cheese, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- 4Blend until smooth.
- 5Unroll pie crust on heavy rimmed baking sheet.
- 6Spread filling over crust, leaving 1 1/2 inch plain border.
- 7Arrange apricot quarters, rounded side down, in a spoke pattern in 2 concentric circles atop filling.
- 8Fold dough border up over the edge of filling.
- 9Brush exposed apricots with warm jam.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar.
- 11Bake crostata until crust is golden brown and apricots are tender and slightly browned about 43 minutes.
- 12Sprinkle with crushed Amaretti cookies.
- 13Cool 30 minutes.
- 14Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot, Almond & Cream Cheese Crostata
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.7
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 52.9 mg
- Sodium 145.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g