Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From BH&G Canning. Great on homemade breads either quick of yeast.
- 3 lbs fully ripe apricots
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup sliced slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Wash, peel and pit apricots, then chop (you need 4 1/2 cups).
- Place in 8-10 quart kettle; add water.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or till apricots are tender, stirring frequently to prevent sticking or scorching.
- Add sugar, almond and lemon juice; stir till sugar dissolves.
- Bring mixture back to a full rolling boil.
- Continue cooking about 10 minutes till jam is desired consistency, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, quickly skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Ladle into hot, sterile jars leaving 1/4-inch head space.
- Wipe rim, adjust lids and process in boiling water bath 5 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.