This cake is one of my family's all-time favorite cakes! You will need a purchased pound cake mix for this recipe. Use my recipe for Really Easy and Good Creamy White Glaze #120835 or use your favorite glaze recipe..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 (16 ounce) package poundcake mix, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream or 1/2 cup full-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricot (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups sliced almonds
- vanilla icing (use Kittencal's Easy Creamy White Glaze or use your favorite glaze recipe)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a bowl beat softened cream cheese with apricot preserves and 1 tablespoon cake mix just until blended.
- 4In another bowl beat sour cream, half and half cream, eggs and almond extract on low speed with an electric mixer for abot 30 seconds or until blended; increase speed to medium and beat another 2 minutes more.
- 5Add in the dried apricots; mix to combine.
- 6Pour the sour cream cake batter into prepared baking dish.
- 7Drop the cream cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls evenly over the batter, then swirl the cream cheese batter gently with a knife.
- 8Sprinkle the almonds evenly over the top.
- 9Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- 10Cool for about 15-20 minutes, and then drizzle the glaze over the slightly warm cake.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Almond Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.7
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 47.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: