Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We haven't tried this yet, but I am so looking forward to it. We love clafouti of all types. Prep time is a guess.
- 1 lb fresh apricot, pitted and cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup almond liqueur, such as amaretto or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Combine apricots and almond liqueur (or orange juice) in a large bowl.
- Grate 2 teaspoons zest from the lemon and set aside. Juice the lemon and stir 2 teaspoons of the juice into the apricots. Let stand for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Coat a 10-inch round baking dish, such as a ceramic quiche dish, or oval casserole with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar evenly over the bottom. Arrange apricots in the baking dish.
- Combine eggs, egg white and Splenda in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale yellow. Add milk, flour, almond extract, salt, the reserved lemon zest; beat well to blend.
- Pour the batter over the apricots; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake the clafouti until puffed and golden, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.