Recipe by Sydney Mike
This looks like a very nice chewy, crunchy, (heart healthy?) treat, a recipe I couldn't resist filing away for a future 'to-make' date!!!
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried apricots, chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups almonds, toasted, chopped, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 13"x9" rimmed baking sheet with a smooth sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- In large bowl, melt chocolate carefully.
- Add 1 cup chopped almonds to chocolate, & stir to combine.
- Pour chocolate mixture onto prepared baking sheet, & spread with spatula or spoon until there is an even, thin layer.
- While chocolate is still wet, sprinkle remaining almonds & all the apricots over top of chocolate, pressing down gently to embed them in the chocolate.
- Place in refrigerator to set, about 10 minutes.
- Once set, break bark into uneven pieces & serve.
- If chocolate has not been tempered, keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.