- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 4 (1/4 lb) boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 4 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until rice is tender. Uncover and stir the rice. Place 1 tablespoonful of preserves on each chicken breast.
- Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 5 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.