This recipe was passed on to me many years ago by another bundt cake enthusiast! I use the all-fruit variety of apricot preserves.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then greast & flour 10" bundt pan.
- With electric mixer, cream together the butter & sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, before adding extract.
- In another bowl, sift or whisk together flour, baking powder & salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup almonds on bottom of pan.
- Pour half the batter over nuts.
- Arrange remaining nuts over batter.
- Drop spoonsful of apricot preserves over the nuts, but not touching side of pan.
- Pour remaining batter over the preserves.
- Bake for 55 minutes.