Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe was passed on to me many years ago by another bundt cake enthusiast! I use the all-fruit variety of apricot preserves.
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream, room temperature
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then greast & flour 10" bundt pan.
- With electric mixer, cream together the butter & sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, before adding extract.
- In another bowl, sift or whisk together flour, baking powder & salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup almonds on bottom of pan.
- Pour half the batter over nuts.
- Arrange remaining nuts over batter.
- Drop spoonsful of apricot preserves over the nuts, but not touching side of pan.
- Pour remaining batter over the preserves.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
This cake UNBELIEVABLY GOOD!! Amazing texture, excellent flavor. I'll be making this one again soon and often! (Mine came out taller and not as dark as the one in the picture.)
Very yummy! I made one to share at work tomorrow and I couldn't wait so I had to make a second one just for myself. I love the combination of apricot and almond and I think I will try blueberry preserves next.
WONDERFUL! Lately I've been trying to bake with whole grains, lower fat and lower sugar...so I adapted this recipe by using 1/4 lb butter (1 cube), 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup Splenda, 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, nonfat yogurt and 10oz juice sweetened apricot orange spread which I spread smooth with the back of a spoon. I think it adapted well...it turned out soft with an almond flavor, the crunch of the nuts and sweetness from the fruit spread. I would suggest using a chunkier fruit preserves as some of mine leaked out the bottom when I removed it from the pan. Freddy Cat says thanks for the cake! Made for the Please Review tag game.