Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe comes from Fleischmann's yeast company.
- 1 (6 ounce) jar apricot baby food
- 1⁄4 cup water (70 to 80ºF)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- Measure all ingredients into bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer, adding apricots and nuts with flour.
- Process in basic/white bread cycle; light or medium/normal color crust setting, depending on how your machine bakes.
- Remove baked bread from pan; cool on wire rack.
Very tasty fruit loaf! I added a couple of teaspoons of ground cardamom for some extra flavour, otherwise made exactly as stated. Yum! Thanks Mercy!