Recipe by Stoblogger
Hearty breakfast bread made in the bread machine. This recipe was adapted from the Cuisinart Bread Machine Cookbook. Dough is kneaded and rises in the machine but bakes in your oven.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1⁄8 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2⁄3 cup dried apricot, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the bread machine basket, attach the kneading paddle.
- Following the directions of your bread machine, layer the first 6 ingredients in the order listed.
- For this recipe I use the Artisan dough setting, it is a 5 hour setting. After fitting the basket into the machine close the lid and turn on.
- After about 15 minutes check to see that the dough has enough liquid. I usually have to add at least 1 tablespoon of water.
- When kneading cycle ends, punch down the dough, let rest 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle approximately 16X12 inches.
- Sprinkle on nuts and fruit.
- Roll up the dough into a 3 inch wide cylinder. Pinch the roll at each end and shape it.
- Place on a greased baking sheet, or omit the grease and use parchment paper.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise 30 minutes.
- Bake about 25 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Best if allowed to cool before slicing -- if you can wait that long!