Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious tender biscotti that won't break your teeth!
Make and share this Apricot Almond Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup dried apricot, cut in half (may use candied cherries)
- 1 cup almond halve (5 oz, or any nut you prefer)
- 4 ounces chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and icing sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Sift flour and salt over butter mixture and stir until well blended. Stir in apricots and nuts. Divide dough in half and shape into 2 logs. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes and let cool for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F Slice cookies on the bias into 1/2-inch wide biscotti and return to baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until just lightly browned around the edges.
- When cookies have cooled, dip half in melted chocolate.