Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
It's hard to keep these bars around!!! Very sweet and delicious!!
Make and share this Apricot Almond Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- Mix together melted butter, sugar, flour and vanilla and pour into 13x9 pan. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.
- Cool completely. Spread with apricot preserves.
- Beat egg whites and almond ext. Add powdered sugar and beat just to mix well. Pour evenly over preserves and sprinkle with blanched almonds.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 mins or until golden. Cool completely before cutting into small squares.
My husband and I really liked this recipe but I think there is a mistake in the ingredients. I only used 1 jar of apricot preserves - not 12.