- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey thighs, skinned, boned and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup tomatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 cup green pepper, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3-quart saucepan, over medium-high heat, saute turkey thighs in oil until all sides are browned.
- Add tomato, green pepper, garlic, lemon juice, seasonings, salt and pepper.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer about 12 minutes or until turkey is done.
- Cook until thickened.
- Serve over rice, if desired.