These little gems go over well at any social gathering
Make and share this Appy Wappy Crab Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat (artificial can be used)
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (your choice as hot or mild as you like)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup regular potato chips, crushed
- seafood cocktail sauce
- Mix all the ingredients (except the potato chips and seafood cocktail sauce).
- Mix well, cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Using about a rounded teaspoon for each, roll the mixture into 36 balls.
- Roll the balls in the crushed potato chips.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Place balls on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until hot and golden Serve with seafood cocktail sauce on the side or some other sauce of your choice.