- 4 -5 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 3 celery ribs, choppd
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons cranberry juice (I used cranberry pomegranate)
- 1⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss together apples, celery, and dried cranberries with the cranberry juice in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and sugar with a whisk.
- Gently stir into apple mixture and chill if not serving immediately.
- At serving time, sprinkle with the walnuts.
- This salad is lovely served on a bed of greens, as well.