Paris D's Note:
From foodnetwork.com Recipe Courtesy of Casa del Mar, Santa Monica, CA
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 ounce onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 ounce celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 ounce carrot, finely chopped
- 5 ounces French lentils (ideally Puy lentils)
- vegetable broth, to cover
- 1 bouquet garni (recipe follows)
- 7 ounces sea bass fillets
- 3 ounces smoked bacon, preferably Applewood
- 2 sprigs sage, leaves removed
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 ounce thyme
- 1 ounce parsley
- 1/4 ounce black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs parsley, leaves removed, cleaned and chopped
- 1 ounce tomato, concasse
- 2 ounces heavy cream, stiffly beaten whipped
- 4 -5 leaves sage, for garnish
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2In a medium saucepan, sweat the onions in the olive oil, and when they are translucent, add the celery and carrots.
- 3Add the lentils and toss with the vegetables.
- 4Prepare the bouquet garni: Place the thyme, parsley, black peppercorns, and bay leaves inside the cheesecloth. Secure the herbs and spices within the cheesecloth by tying it into a satchel with the butcher's twine.
- 5Add the vegetable broth to cover and the bouquet garni. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to simmer the lentils until they are soft.
- 6Preheat an ovenproof saute pan large enough to hold the 7-ounce fillet, comfortably.
- 7On a cutting board, shingle 4 to 5 slices of bacon. Take the fillet and place it at the corner of the bacon. Place the sage leaves on top of the fillet. Wrap the fillet in the bacon.
- 8When saute pan is hot, place the bacon wrapped fish into the center of the pan, searing the bacon. After 2 minutes, turn the fish over and place the entire pan into the oven to finish cooking, about 10 minutes.
- 9When the lentils are soft, drain off extra liquid and remove the bouquet garni.
- 10Remove the fish from the oven and plate.
- 11Fold the butter, chopped parsley, tomato concasse, and whipped cream into the lentils and spoon on top of the Chilean sea bass. Garnish with the sage leaves. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applewood Bacon Wrapped Chilean Seabass on Lentils Du Puy
Serving Size: 1 (669 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1752.7
- Calories from Fat 920
- Total Fat 102.2 g
- Saturated Fat 43.7 g
- Cholesterol 318.1 mg
- Sodium 2381.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 109.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: