Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From foodnetwork.com Recipe Courtesy of Casa del Mar, Santa Monica, CA
Make and share this Applewood Bacon Wrapped Chilean Seabass on Lentils Du Puy recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 ounce onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 ounce celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce carrot, finely chopped
- 5 ounces French lentils (ideally Puy lentils)
- vegetable broth, to cover
- 1 bouquet garni (recipe follows)
- 7 ounces sea bass fillets
- 3 ounces smoked bacon, preferably Applewood
- 2 sprigs sage, leaves removed
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 ounce thyme
- 1 ounce parsley
- 1⁄4 ounce black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs parsley, leaves removed, cleaned and chopped
- 1 ounce tomatoes, concasse
- 2 ounces heavy cream, stiffly beaten whipped
- 4 -5 leaves sage, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, sweat the onions in the olive oil, and when they are translucent, add the celery and carrots.
- Add the lentils and toss with the vegetables.
- Prepare the bouquet garni: Place the thyme, parsley, black peppercorns, and bay leaves inside the cheesecloth. Secure the herbs and spices within the cheesecloth by tying it into a satchel with the butcher's twine.
- Add the vegetable broth to cover and the bouquet garni. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to simmer the lentils until they are soft.
- Preheat an ovenproof saute pan large enough to hold the 7-ounce fillet, comfortably.
- On a cutting board, shingle 4 to 5 slices of bacon. Take the fillet and place it at the corner of the bacon. Place the sage leaves on top of the fillet. Wrap the fillet in the bacon.
- When saute pan is hot, place the bacon wrapped fish into the center of the pan, searing the bacon. After 2 minutes, turn the fish over and place the entire pan into the oven to finish cooking, about 10 minutes.
- When the lentils are soft, drain off extra liquid and remove the bouquet garni.
- Remove the fish from the oven and plate.
- Fold the butter, chopped parsley, tomato concasse, and whipped cream into the lentils and spoon on top of the Chilean sea bass. Garnish with the sage leaves. Serve hot.