Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This crisp gets rich flavor from a butterscotch pudding mix. It's a popular treat in our home.
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagecook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- ice cream (optional)
- Place the apples in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, water and milk.
- Pour over apples.
- In another bowl, combine oats, pudding mix, sugar, cinnamon, salt and the remaining flour.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve with ice cream if desired.
- Yield: 8 servings.
So glad i found this recipe We are moving and I can't find my basket of favorite recipes. This is my favorite applecrisp recipe!! I love this recipe!!