Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Light. October 2011.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup plain applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups freshly grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease one 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. OR, one 12-cup muffin tin.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl stir together eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar, zucchini and vanilla. Make sure it is fully combined.
- Carefully pour flour mixture into egg mixture, stirring until completely combined.
- Pour entire mixture into loaf pans, making sure there is an even amount of batter in each. OR, if making muffins, fill muffin tins ¾ full.
- For Zucchini Bread bake for 40 minutes. OR, for muffins bake for 20 minutes.
- You will know when the bread or muffins are down when the centers are set and spring back when they are lightly touched.