Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
CG's been experimentatin' again. Use any variety of apples or a combination.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs apples, cored, seeded, cut up into 2-inch chunks
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice or 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- Place the apples along with the remaining ingredients *EXCEPT* for the honey and rosewater into a crock pot or large stock pot.
- CROCK POT: cook on LOW for 3-4 hours or until apples are soft enough to mash.
- STOVE TOP: Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until apples are soft enough to mash.
- Remove cinnamon stick. Use a potato masher and strainer to mash the apples.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon rosewater. Taste. Add more rosewater if you think it needs it. If applesauce is not sweet enough to your liking, add the optional honey. Serve warm or chilled.
- Freezes well.
- Yield is estimated.