I got the inspiration for this recipe from Rita L. (and stole the idea from ronabarrett.com. except my version is much, much less expensive.) Use fresh or dried lavender.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs apples, cored, seeded (your choice to peel)
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried lavender, crushed to release flavor (read *NOTE)
- 1/2 vanilla bean, sliced down the side to release flavor
- 1/4 cup orange juice or 1/4 cup lemon juice or 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest or 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons honey (or 1/4 cup raw sugar)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1*NOTE: Begin by using 1 tablespoon lavender then add more if needed once applesauce is cooked. Another option is to use 1/2-1 teaspoon fresh lavender flowers.
- 2STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS: Cut apples into 2" chunks. Combine all ingredients in a pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover pan and simmer until apples are softened, about 40 minutes. Remove vanilla bean pod.
- 3CROCK POT DIRECTIONS: Cut apples into 2" chunks. Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Cover pot, and cook apple mixture on LOW for 3-4 hours or until apples are soft enough to puree. Remove vanilla bean pod.
- 4Using potato masher or immersion blender puree mixture to desired consistency.
- 5Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve warm or chilled.
- 6Freezes well.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce With Lavender
Serving Size: 1 (1077 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 22.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: