Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
Full of flavour and delicious, keeps well. from Cooking Smart by Anne Lindsay
- 414.03 ml sugar (I use splenda)
- 59.14 ml butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 473.18 ml applesauce
- 4.92 ml grated orange rind
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 295.73 ml whole wheat flour
- 44.37 ml natural bran
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml raisins
- Butter and flour a 10 inch bundt pan or tube pan.
- In mixing bowl, combine sugar and butter, beat until mixed.
- Add egg and beat until light in colour.
- Add yogurt and beat until mixed.
- Beat in applesauce, orange rind and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flours, bran, cinnamon, baking soda and raisins, stir to mix Pour dry ingredients over applesauce mixture and stir just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in 325 degrees oven for 70 or 80 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool on rack for 20 minutes, then remove from pan and place on wire rack to finish cooling.
This is really WONDERFUL and HEALTHY cake! I used Splenda baking blend and the zest from 1 orange. This tasted similar to a bran muffin but with a nice orange essence. It was sweet and soft and satisfying. No changes are needed but I'd love to try this with chopped apples. Thanks for this KEEPER recipe!