1/2 Photos of Applesauce Waffles
These waffles make a yummy breakfast treat! The recipe was clipped from the Houston Chronicle - not sure how old but the clipping is pretty-well yellowed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- 2In a smaller bowl, combine egg yolks and milk and beat well. Stir into dry ingredients. Add the applesauce and stir well.
- 3Beat the egg whites until stiff. Carefully fold into batter (don't overmix).
- 4Pour about 2/3 cup batter onto a preheated waffle iron. Close and bake about 3 minutes. These waffles are fairly soft, so if you like them crisper cook about 1 minute more.
- 5Serve topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a couple of peach slices.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.1
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 163.7 mg
- Sodium 600.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 14.1 g