I had made up a batch of Applesauce, just chopped up 4 red and 4 green apples, skins and all, sprinkled with cinnamon,cooked in the microwave and blended until smooth, and a batch of yogurt cream cheese, mixed that with some yogurt butter and had some crescent rolls on hand.....turned out way yummy and wanted to share. This is NOT a sugary sweet treat...unless you want it to be
- Preheat oven to temperature called for on crescent rolls tube.
- Crack open the tube of crescent rolls and separate into 8 rolls on cookie sheet.
- Mix together until smooth the cream cheese and butter. Evenly spread 1 TBSP of Cream Cheese, topped with 1 TBSP Applesauce.
- Roll up from the pointy end - loosely.
- Combine egg white and water, mix well, and brush over the rolled up crescents.
- Mix Sugar and Cinnamon and sprinkle over egg washed crescents, as much or as little as you desire. ( I had enough left over to make another batch, so might add more next time).
- Follow directions on the crescent rolls, keeping an eye on them them. Mine came out of the oven golden brown at the time recommended,375 degrees, 11 - 13 minutes.