Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is so easy to make and our children like it a lot. The clincher was when my husband chose this topping on his pancakes instead of maple syrup!! Try this with Whole Wheat Pancakes Whole Wheat Pancakes--yum!
- 1 (23 ounce) jar applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey or 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water or 1 cup apple juice
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan.
- Warm over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm over pancakes, oatmeal, granola, etc.
- (This can also be warmed in the microwave for 1 minute at a time, stirring after each minute until hot.).
Amazingly easy & so tasty! I cut the recipe into a quarter, used unsweetened applesauce & apple juice-and used Splenda. It made about 1 cup. I plan on using it with vanilla yogurt, bananas, or even cottage cheese! So glad I found this!
Delicious! I didn't change a thing!