Really good recipe found in a magazine. Makes a very sweet gravy.
Make and share this Applesauce Topped Pork Loin Roast recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl combine applesauce, brown sugar, vinegar and ground cloves, set aside.
- Cut slits in top of the loin roast and insert garlic strips into those slits.
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, pepper and mustard, like a rub and rub over the roast.
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered, at 350°F until a thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Brush applesauce mixture over roast during the last 1/2 hour of baking.
- When thermometer reads done, remove the roast to a warm serving platter.
- To make gravy thicken broth in pan with cornstarch and water.
- (Really sweet gravy though).