Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I went to look for a recipe for applesauce syrup here on Zaar and found none. So I had to search elsewhere. This came from fooddownunder.com and it is really simple and very good! Just what I was looking for to have on our waffles today. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients together in a small saucepan.
- Heat through and serve warm!
- (1/4 cup concentrate will make for a thicker syrup while 1/2 cup will make it a thinner syrup.).