Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Even those who shy away from traditional sweet potatoes will love these!
Make and share this Applesauce Sweet Potato Bake recipe from Food.com.
- Place sweet potatoes in 3-quart saucepan. Add enough water to cover. Add salt as desired.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and cover. Simmer 30-35 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Remove skins and cut each potato lengthwise in half.
- Heat oven to 375°F; place sweet potatoes cut side up in a greased 2-quart casserole or 8 x8 baking dish.
- Spread applesauce over sweet potatoes.
- Mix brown sugar, nuts & cinnamon. Sprinkle over applesauce. Dot with butter.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Can also sprinkle with:.
- Dried cranberries.
- Mini marshmallows.
- Sliced, canned peaches or pineapple.
- Toasted pecans or almonds.