1/2 Photos of Applesauce Streusel Muffins
What a great way to use fresh apples! The smell while the muffins are baking is heavenly! You can replace the applesauce by apple butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Grape-nuts cereal
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with Pam.
- 2Make topping: in a bowl, stir together brown sugar, cereal, flour, cinnamon, oil and water just until crumbly. Set aside.
- 3Make muffins: in a large bowl and using a whisk or electric beaters, combine sugar, brown sugar, milk, applesauce, oil and egg.
- 4In another bowl, stir together 1 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. With a wooden spoon, stir the mixture into the applesauce mixture just until everything is combined.
- 5In a small bowl, stir together apples and 2 tsp flour; stir the mixture into the batter. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the topping evenly over top.
- 6Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out dry.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Streusel Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.8
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 107.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g