Recipe by Sassy in da South
The aroma is simply sinful that will fill your house while this is baking. And the taste, oh yum. Dont let the long list of ingredients throw you off, it's very easy to put together and well worth it! Enjoy!
Top Review by gailanng
I'm a long time Zaar follower/lurker and have made many recipes over the years. Finally today I subscribed. Today I made this streusel cake with great results. It has a crispy top with tender crumb and was an instant hit with my family. My husband had three servings before the cake even cooled...that speaks volumes from a man that does NOT have a sweet tooth.
- 395.10 ml cake flour (or 1 1/2 cups all purpose)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 177.44 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 177.44 ml applesauce
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 59.14 ml cake flour (or all purpose flour)
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml fresh nutmeg (1/8 tsp)
- 59.16 ml cold butter
- 59.14 ml pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch round springform pan or an 8 inch square metal pan with flour-added cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, thoroughly stir together flour, soda, cinnamon, allspice and brown sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter, applesauce, sour cream, vanilla and egg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and stir until mixed. Pour into pan.
- Make streusel. In a mixing bowl or food processor, mix together all dry ingredients then cut in butter.
- Sprinkle over top of cake.
- Sprinkle nuts over top of streusel.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool slightly. Remove sides of pan and cut into triangles.