1/1 Photo of Applesauce Streusel Cake
Sassy in da South's Note:
The aroma is simply sinful that will fill your house while this is baking. And the taste, oh yum. Dont let the long list of ingredients throw you off, it's very easy to put together and well worth it! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 395.10 ml cake flour (or 1 1/2 cups all purpose)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 177.44 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 177.44 ml applesauce
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch round springform pan or an 8 inch square metal pan with flour-added cooking spray.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, thoroughly stir together flour, soda, cinnamon, allspice and brown sugar; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, mix melted butter, applesauce, sour cream, vanilla and egg.
- 4Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and stir until mixed. Pour into pan.
- 5Make streusel. In a mixing bowl or food processor, mix together all dry ingredients then cut in butter.
- 6Sprinkle over top of cake.
- 7Sprinkle nuts over top of streusel.
- 8Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- 9Cool slightly. Remove sides of pan and cut into triangles.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Streusel Cake
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 624.5
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 97.0 mg
- Sodium 452.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 5.6 g