The aroma is simply sinful that will fill your house while this is baking. And the taste, oh yum. Dont let the long list of ingredients throw you off, it's very easy to put together and well worth it! Enjoy!
- 1 2⁄3 cups cake flour (or 1 1/2 cups all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup cake flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash fresh nutmeg (1/8 tsp)
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch round springform pan or an 8 inch square metal pan with flour-added cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, thoroughly stir together flour, soda, cinnamon, allspice and brown sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter, applesauce, sour cream, vanilla and egg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and stir until mixed. Pour into pan.
- Make streusel. In a mixing bowl or food processor, mix together all dry ingredients then cut in butter.
- Sprinkle over top of cake.
- Sprinkle nuts over top of streusel.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool slightly. Remove sides of pan and cut into triangles.