Recipe by SilentCricket
Looking for a gift idea for friends and family? Or maybe you're looking for some ornaments for a Christmas tree! Try these fragrant ornaments! Maybe you could make this a pre-holiday family activity and get everyone involved!! Cook time includes drying time for ornaments. 2 trays of ornaments, depending on size of cutters used...this is a guess-ti-mate!
Top Review by kimbearly
your recipe is the tops for this ornament---there is nothing better than the smell of pine and cinnamon apple! easy for the kids, not too messy and a great family fun project!!!
- 3⁄4 cup ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 cup applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine spices.
- Add applesauce.
- Roll dough onto ungreased cookie sheet to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Remove excess dough and repeat process on other cookie sheets.
- Make a hole in top of each shape.
- Allow to dry for 5 days.
- Tie ribbon or yarn through hole.
- May be decorated with acrylic paint.