1/1 Photo of Applesauce Spice Muffins (Kelloggs)
I found this recipe on a box of Kelloggs low fat granola with raisins cereal. It's my family's favorite store bought granola so I think they'll love these muffins too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat granola cereal, such as Kelloggs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar (I prefer to use 1/2 cup brown sugar. Only using 1/4 cup gives a much less sweet muffin.)
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a small bowl, combine 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar. Set aside.
- 3Coat 12-2 1/2 inch muffin papers, placed in muffin tins, with cooking spray.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and spice. Set aside.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, combine low fat granola cereal, brown sugar, milk and applesauce.
- 6Add egg whites, oil and vanilla to cereal mixture. Mix well.
- 7Stir in flour mixture only until combined.
- 8Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin tins.
- 9Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 10Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 11Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Spice Muffins (Kelloggs)
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.1
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 127.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g