Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on a box of Kelloggs low fat granola with raisins cereal. It's my family's favorite store bought granola so I think they'll love these muffins too.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat granola cereal, such as Kelloggs
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar (I prefer to use 1/2 cup brown sugar. Only using 1/4 cup gives a much less sweet muffin.)
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar. Set aside.
- Coat 12-2 1/2 inch muffin papers, placed in muffin tins, with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and spice. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine low fat granola cereal, brown sugar, milk and applesauce.
- Add egg whites, oil and vanilla to cereal mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in flour mixture only until combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin tins.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.