Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very good recipe from Gale Gand on the Food Network.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- powdered sugar (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, then add the brown sugar and cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and applesauce and mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 9-13 minutes until light golden brown.
- These cookies do not brown a lot.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.