Recipe by coconutty
Found this on suite101.com and have not tried it yet; posted here for safekeeping. Prep time is my best guess.
- 354.88 ml plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml flour
- 158.51 ml xylitol sugar substitute
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 0.59 ml salt
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml clove
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 236.59 ml finely chopped apple
- 118.29 ml raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Rehydrate raisins by covering with warm water; soak for 30 minutes, then drain.
- In one bowl, cream together butter and xylitol, gradually adding 2 tablespoons applesauce during creaming process.
- Beat in eggs, then stir in remaining applesauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to applesauce mixture while stirring well.
- Stir in chopped apples and raisins.
- Pour batter into buttered and floured 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350º for 40-45 minutes (until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean).