Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this on suite101.com and have not tried it yet; posted here for safekeeping. Prep time is my best guess.
- 1 1⁄2 cups plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup xylitol sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Rehydrate raisins by covering with warm water; soak for 30 minutes, then drain.
- In one bowl, cream together butter and xylitol, gradually adding 2 tablespoons applesauce during creaming process.
- Beat in eggs, then stir in remaining applesauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to applesauce mixture while stirring well.
- Stir in chopped apples and raisins.
- Pour batter into buttered and floured 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350º for 40-45 minutes (until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean).