Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In my misspent youth this was my favorite munchie food. It was quick, easy and the smell coming from the oven would drive us crazy. It stands alone without frosting but it is killer with Seven minute Vanilla frosting. (see my recipes)
- 1 cup applesauce, sweetened or not (homemade is best)
- 7⁄8 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (Black Walnuts are my favorite)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix the Applesauce, Brown Sugar, and Oil.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add the Raisins and Nuts to the flour mixture.
- Add the Applesauce mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 pan that has been buttered and floured.
- Bake for 40 min.
- Remove from oven.
- Invert over a cooling rack for 30 min.
- Carefully remove with spatula.
- Ice, if you dare.